Not the post you're expecting...

I want to start this by saying, this isn't the post that's due by 10PM. I just need a place to vent for a minute. This post will include things that are anti-Trump, anti-climate change, etc. I'm using this for venting purposes. Comments are welcome.

Facebook today, my father announced that he got tickets to see Trump. I asked why he'd want to (I'm anti-Trump and I don't really hide it; this is the first time my dad has posted something political that I've noticed, and while I believe he's pro-Trump, I didn't have proof) and he gave a few reasons. One of them was that Trump is "doing an amazing job despite what the media says." I responded that locking up children and pulling out of the Paris agreement are both facts, and definitely not good things.

My father's answer was that the Paris agreement was "such a bad deal" as it "screwed the US and gave many other countries a pass". His only comment on the kids was that they "weren't being locked in a box" and that they "have to put the kids somewhere until the situation is resolved".

After a little more discussion, my father announced that "climate change is a joke" and is a "scare tactic".

I honestly can't believe that I'm related to him right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm still shaking with anger about it.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. The thing is to find a way to preserve your communication and relationship!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refugee

Exit West

Climate Change: Water problems